Tuesday 24 April 2012

Moving Forward

I felt a pang of sadness on Sunday evening, knowing I'd not be seeing John de Ruiter again in person for two weeks, as he's off to the Netherlands for a five day Seminar (26-30 April) and then to Israel for two evening meetings (2-3 May). Click here for more information on attending any of those meetings or for more information on the live broadcasts (from the Netherlands) here in Edmonton (28-30 April).

However, prior to the pang, I was fortunate enough to sit with John in the Jewel Cafe at Oasis on Sunday. I had plenty of questions to ask him concerning things I'd been 'researching' on the internet, such as crop circles, UFOs, advanced/star beings and more. Knowing that much of the content in cyber space is fictitious, I asked him for the truth concerning these subjects. Basically John got me to see that the way I was being affected by my fascination of such things, and what I'd been doing to try and know the truth about them, had once again taken me far from that 'tiny little bit in my heart that I Know is true' and had me all excitable but confused in my smaller self. I can see now that sensing that there is some truth or deeper meaning in such phenomena is no reason to go running after 'trying to find out' because that does take me away from what I do know is of greater value; the peace within that littlest bit... (And I just listened to John speaking of this in the dialogue with Zaba - you can listen to it too). In fact, at the cafe table on Sunday, talk turned to far more practical matters and I could subsequently see my own way forward much more clearly.

To me, moving forward is multi-dimensional; both an internal and an external affair. Primarily, it's about learning to sustain a more constant, subtle, more True way of being within. Alone, this portends greater relaxation, peacefulness and enjoying something like nectar within.  And it's also then to be able to increasingly come from that - what John calls that 'tiny little bit that you Know is true' which I find, as he says, in my heart - and to come from that in what I do and say. It's all a learning, or maybe a re-learning; as I do seem to Know it and it does feel like Home...

I am reminded of something one of my old teachers once said, that 'old habits die hard, but they die, certainly...' Yes, they do and yes they are! What a marvellous help John is with such wondrous learning/re-learning...

Externally, moving forward is also about making the most of this life on the outside and taking care of practicalities and responsibilities as I Know to. And I just love that about John; that he can be so awesomely beyond this world (what it seems so pointlessly busy with most of the time) and yet he can also be so clear and helpful regarding taking care of the practical side of life.

Finally, I am very happy to inform you that more of your questions have been answered by John! The dialogue occurred between the lovely Zaba and John the other week and if you Click here you can hear it. I just listened to it myself and it's fantastic! So keep those questions coming! Simply type them in the 'comments' below this Post.
Until next time,
Love,
Shanti

3 comments:

  1. Hi Shanti,
    Will the questions that were not answered this time be put to John next time?
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Shanti. I hope that it will be in next time then.

      Delete
  2. I would like to ask John about living with narcissism. When I was young, like any teenager,I was pretty into myself. I could not walk by a mirror, without first checking it out. I did feel strange, at the time, but I knew it didn't matter much, so I continued. Now as I am older, my priorities have shifted and my first love is more important to me. The narcissism still continues and that is okay.. but I would like to end all ties with it. You might say I am receiving what my heart is filled with. All I know is that, I rarely look into a mirror or admire myself.I am careful not to make an issue about this,also. Thank you

    ReplyDelete