Wednesday 12 February 2014

Welcoming John home

John de Ruiter
Ah yes, only two more sleeps and then Friday brings with it the chance to be with John again and attend the evening meeting at Oasis.  I am looking forward to it, for sure.  It has been good in some ways that he has been gone these past few weeks, in that it's been an opportunity to stand on my own two feet and to see exactly what my feet are actually standing in.  And yet, for all my independent inclinations, I would be among the first to acknowledge the real help that John provides when he's here.  It's clear not to be too dependent on him and his transmission and his wisdom; that we each need to play our part and to be and do what we most deeply know the truth of, but the help that John brings is so deeply good.  It is useful, beyond serving any purpose that pertains to what this world seems to be all about, but rather it serves what is all beyond this world, and yet is also for  this world, and beyond ...  Increasingly I love how the truth of John's teaching, applied, touches my heart so deeply and how intrinsic such heartfulness is to being Home and never leaving it.

So I welcome John home; I welcome what he brings to us and what he makes so available for us and I look forward to seeing what's new.

By the way, sorry this week's Post is a day late - couldn't be helped!  And there will be another dialogue with him soon - time to send in your last minute questions!

Until next time,
Love,
Shanti  

4 comments:

  1. Q for J Is it true that the deeper you go within the less distortion there is or is it just harder to see? thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Shanti for a lovely post. Yes, welcome home John. You are my guiding light at home and when your abroad I am warmed your teachings that you impart are making others hearts warm, bright and positive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John, the question I have that is most meaningful at this time is about what it is that has my heart. It is clear that for many years I have had a certain way of being-connected to my knowing that brought clarity and I lived to accommodate that. After the winter seminar I am knowing that that way no longer has my heart as new good seeds have been planted. Is it best to completely give up what formerly had my heart to nourish and tend to the new tiny little bit? Or can I continue to be in it and allow what was there while also nurturing the sprouting good 'seeds'?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Question for John - Is it important to seek personal connection with you, or is it enough just to attend the meetings? Is it possible to be at all the meetings and still be really missing something

    ReplyDelete