Wednesday 20 April 2016

Be what you Know and don't let go

Dear ones, sorry that this week's post comes to you a day late - I actually forgot!  In addition to my own art practice, I also work a day job and it's been pretty stressful at times this week.  Although the experiences I've recently gone through have not been pleasant, I learned such valuable lessons.  For sure it's easiest to be and do what you Know within that's all deeper than the conditioning of the accustomed self and this world when life is relatively calm - but when the pressure is strongly on, whatever is not like one's own Being is going to come up.  That is actually beautiful and what life's all about - just the experience of it is awful!  The best part was when I hit something like rock bottom (on Monday) and, realizing how far from home I was under the weight of all that pressure, I just let-go of everything I'd been in; all that I'd been hanging onto and trying to make right and the whole situation.  In such a kind of rock bottom letting-go I was, in a sense, risking a lot on the surface.  The extreme circumstances and pressure, whilst leading to a lot of tension and unpleasant feelings within, showed me so beautifully how far from home I had gone, until there was only one thing left to honestly do - what I Know.  The practicalities of that meant that I risked losing what I was so tightly hanging onto, but in letting-go I remembered my real love and my real treasure and realized more deeply and more practically even, how to truly live my life; from where and what to live my life - no matter what!  Such an opportunity and such good learning!  Horrible to experience though!  Makes it all pretty damn clear I have to say, once again, more deeply and obviously real to me, what to let go of and what not to let go of ...

There is only time to be and do what you Know and don't let go.  Then you don't have to go through such horrible experiences (the valuable feedback calling you back Home) .. Seeing what we are mistakenly believing and holding onto (as if it's valuable when we know it's not at all) and then letting that go, returning to being altogether more simple and sweet and with an open heart, in the face of any circumstance - come what may - simply because that is what is true.  Letting go of a dishonest way of being, even if the whole world seems to be that way, and returning to a clean and clear way of being, our real love within .. 
In letting go of what doesn't serve and holding hands only with what is true ... the relaxation, the ease, the peace within ...  Simply be and do what you know - and don't let go!

Until next time,
Love,
Shanti

No comments:

Post a Comment