Tuesday 28 February 2012

Finding John de Ruiter


Shanti

As a seeker of Truth for many years, I feel fortunate to have finally met a man who is, in my opinion, the greatest teacher of Truth alive on the planet: John de Ruiter. I will tell you why, but first allow me to share a little of my background, so that there is some context for what I would like to share with you about John.

Much of my adult life has included the search for what is True; who I really am; the meaning of life... This search has seen me traveling the globe, meeting and learning from various teachers and teachings including Osho, Gangaji, Eckhart Tolle, Adyashanti, Isaac Shapiro and others. Although I sometimes experienced amazing states of Peace, Oneness, Bliss, etc, and the ensuing insights, wisdom, love and compassion, I was never able to sustain such wonderful states and insights, and I continued to experience the opposite; inner turmoil and dysfunctional patterned responses to difficult situations in life, made worse by the accompanying feeling of being a spiritual failure. Then I met John de Ruiter.
One of the greatest gifts I have received from John is the understanding that it is not about the experience; that in the midst of any experience there is always what he calls "the little bit that you Know...."

John de Ruiter

John de Ruiter is simply the best; his depth and clarity is unsurpassed. For me, it is the final, golden teaching, it works, and the totally stellar part of it I can sum up in one word: integration. That's what I'd been looking for when I met John - true integration - how to bring that deeper Knowledge of a living way of Truth up into my smaller self… 

With an openness and softness of heart and what John calls "core-splitting honesty" we can begin to undo those distorted ways of seeing, being and believing that create so much unnecessary pain and suffering...


The Exciting Part
Usually if you want to ask John a question you have to attend one of his meetings, click here to visit his official website and schedule, but now, for those of you genuinely seeking Truth and wanting greater clarity and deeper meaning in your life, you can send in your question for John in the form of a Comment. Go up to the Newest Post, above, and click on the blue-coloured word 'comment' and follow the prompts. Then check back in a couple of weeks and you can listen to the free Podcast... several questions will be regularly selected and asked to John and his answers made available right here!

About Two Weeks Ago...
... and before I'd even got my Blog site up and running, I suddenly had the opportunity to record my first dialogue session with John. Great, but I had only one and a half days to gather some questions! I quickly contacted several friends and acquaintances, suggesting that they could use pseudonyms if they wanted, and asked them to send in their questions for John. It worked, and I had seven questions selected for the first session...

With questions in hand, I got to record my first dialogue session with John. Below are the questions which I actually received, as follows:

1. FROM PETER SWANSON, EDMONTON, CANADA:

Q. All of the greatest teachers and masters have awakened and found their way to full realisation through spontaneous grace and/or their own efforts and yet none as fas as Im aware have enabled   any of their followers to reach a similar happening even after decades of teachings and of being in their presence. Is it actually possible for you to assist a person to such an integration as yours or could it be an actual hindrance! I have been with several masters/teachers and I have found that although followers do change somewhat they end up speaking and acting like their teachers do and relying on them for inner and outer guidance.

2. FROM JULIE, EDMONTON, CANADA:
Q. I have spent many years gravitating toward the light and the bliss of conciousness and now its time to explore and own all of the darkness of my sub-conciousness which I have carefully hidden away. Is there a way of bringing it to the surface quickly as it seems very hard to access?

3. FROM KIRAN, MENDOCINO, CALIFORNIA, USA:
Q. It seems as if lately every time I meditate, I start just going into prayer (like sending metta out to the world).  I realize that the two things are not the same . . . how are they different energetically?  Is meditating more watching and receiving and prayer more active and giving?  Can prayer be unknowingly used as an escape from being with self - or just self-comforting? Should I curb the praying and pull myself back into more meditation?
Thank you!

4. FROM G., TORONTO, CANADA: (3 separate questions)
Q. John you've mentioned..... "Why would you ever hang on to anything that you can't take with you after you die"
Is there something you are teaching that we CAN take with us after we die?

5. Q. Why come to a meeting with you, rather than a meeting with some other teacher passing through town?

6. Q. What percentage of people out there are actually ready to sit with you and receive what you have to offer?

7. FROM SAROJA, EDMONTON, CANADA:
Q. I know there is more than what I already know and so there is always a wanting to move into more. Is this something to be focusing my awareness on or is it more beneficial to be working with firmly planting my feet in what I do know?

So, click here to listen to my first dialogue session with John, which has been formatted into three podcasts, and from now on you can send in your questions by simply posting a comment, (underneath the Newest Post, above).

Until next time,
Love,
Shanti

29 comments:

  1. Dear Shanti,
    I am grateful for this way of communication and want to make right away use of it.
    Here is my question to John:
    Hello John,
    There are many people suffering from physical ache and illness from mild to severe and acute to chronic. If one sincerely opens and softens in the midst of having such physical illness is there a real way to know why that physical illness occurs, what it means/stands for and a real possibility to heal it by undoing what put it in place?
    Is it in ones ability to heal any kind of ones own physical issue?
    How would i go about addressing/healing my physical issue?
    Thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This question was answered by John! Listen to it by going to the Post titled 'Moving Forward'. Thank you.

      Delete
  2. Dear Shanti, thanks for doing this ! Dear John, there is a teaching of a realisation that refers to no - self: that the self does not exist, and that nothing has beauty, as it is just another display of consciousness - although that display can be appreciated, if you believe is to be something - for example "beautiful", you make it "something", whereas it is really nothing. Semantics aside, does this concur with your understanding of Reality? Thankyou, Steve M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent! - nice to hear such candid dialoguing. It's awesome what get's opened up through EVERY question asked. I look forward to hearing more. Q. for John. What's the difference between coming to see you in person vs. listening to you here or on iTunes podcasts?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent! - nice to hear such candid dialoguing. It's awesome what get's opened up through EVERY question asked. I look forward to hearing more. Q. for John. What's the difference between coming to see you in person vs. listening to you here - or on iTunes podcasts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This question was answered by John! Listen to it by going to the Post titled 'Moving Forward'. Thank you.

      Delete
  5. I was always wondering, if it matters who we have a relationship with...
    If the truth is in anyone and if personality doesn't really matter but just what is underneath - could we then have a relationship with anyone? Is there something like a soul partner? If relationship is just there to evolve the individual beings and to nurture a greater us, could it be with anyone then? And what is the difference between a relationship with your partner and a relationship with a friend?
    Thank-you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for asking these questions, i am also looking forward to hearing John´s answer to them... Could not have worded them better.

      Delete
    2. This question was answered by John. To listen to the Podcast please go to the Post titled 'This Lucky Life.' Thanks.

      Delete
    3. Hi Shanti, I would very much like to hear the interview. Since having exactly the same question in my life right now. But the soundcloud belonging to the post 'this lucky life' is gone... Can you help?

      Delete
    4. Some of the older dialogues with John are no longer on Soundcloud, but you can try and find it on the JohndeRuiter.com website podcasts. To hear more recent dialogues go to https://soundcloud.com/shanti-6
      The only other suggestion I have is to send in the question you have in your own (different) words and I can ask it to John. I am recording another dialogue very soon. But please type future comments/questions on the most RECENT Post, Thanks.

      Delete
  6. Dear Shanti,
    What a wonderful thing you have done here, giving the world space to receive support from John in this way. Thank you and thank you John for your always on love for humanity.
    with much love and gratitude
    Wendy (Australia)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for this opportunity Shanti. It's a lovely thing to have access to, especially as somebody new to this.

    My question for John, if I can use this space to ask it, has to do with being new and finding that I don't comprehend a lot of the discussion that takes place at the meetings. Is it important to understand (ask questions? and, if so, of whom?) or is it enough to keep coming and absorbing as much as I can?

    Thank you again, so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great question, and one that will be asked to John soon, for sure. Thank you!

      Delete
    2. This question was answered by John! Listen to it by going to the Post titled 'Moving Forward'. Thank you.

      Delete
  8. Thank you Shanti for giving us the opportunity to ask questions to John in this format.
    I really enjoyed and was helped by John's response to the questions submitted.
    My questions to John are;
    When we are married why does John promote staying in marriage?
    What is it that he sees is important for staying in marriage?
    Are there consequences in divorce or ending a marriage on the level of higher Truth and/or that affect our evolving and if so what is it?
    What does divorce do to our Hearts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loving this question, thanks for sending it in, stay tuned for another q & a with John soon! Love.

      Delete
    2. This question was answered by John. To listen to the Podcast please go to the Post titled 'This Lucky Life.' Thanks.

      Delete
  9. A question from Carrie, a long term friend of Marina's.
    "When I spoke with my friend about going to see John, very clearly I received the word "CHEATING" in my mind. I'd been trying to find the words about why I did not want to go to see John. It is like I know that by seeing him it would alter my path greatly and today I distinctly felt that by seeing John it would somehow be cheating. I would be getting answers that I was meant to learn on my own and in my own time. What I'm wondering (in my overly analytical mind) is whether I'm not going out of fear or could it really be that I'm not supposed to learn this information from John".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This question was answered by John! Listen to it by going to the Post titled 'Moving Forward'. Thank you.

      Delete
  10. Here are some questions for John that I would like him to elaborate on:
    Hi John, I have been hearing bits and pieces on age and specifics that we as humans go through in each decade of our life. On a video of yours you have said that first it's all about living, living in this world and getting to know what this world is about so that one can die (internally of course). I understand that to be in the first 20 years of ones life. What is the self package that one comes into this world and what happens when puberty sets in? Is there more self package landing? You recently mentioned in a talk that the 20s are to fulfill the personality!? And I heard that turning 40 is an important time. How so?
    Age does matter, an elderly may have gone through much yet they might have not really grown up. I would like you to point out specifics for each decade if possible. For me specifically i'd like to know all about the 30s which i am facing.
    Much appreciation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This question was answered by John. To listen to the Podcast please go to the Post titled 'This Lucky Life.' Thanks.

      Delete
  11. Hello John. I am a person that needs to see proof of something in order to believe it. How do I believe this Knowing, if I can not see Darius, New York

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This question was answered by John! Listen to it by going to the Post titled 'Moving Forward'. Thank you.

      Delete
  12. Dearest John. Due to the emence global shifting our planet,my volitional body is having a hard time keeping up with all the exitement. I was hoping you could say something in order for me to cope or even better, deal with it.I am fast at becoming forgetful,irritable and maybe even alittle..dangereous! Love and Light, Harbin Hotsprings, CA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This question was answered by John! Listen to it by going to the Post titled 'Moving Forward'. Thank you.

      Delete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heike! But a note to you and others - please always type your new comments under the latest most recent Post! Thanks again.

      Delete