Wednesday 20 November 2013

The Sermon on the Mount

A holy site overlooking the Sea of Galilee
Shalom! At last I can update you from the holy land! The above pic was taken just the other day when I went with some friends to the Sea of Galilee (that's me on the left looking all Middle Eastern). Before we went in for a swim at sunset we visited a peaceful spot overlooking the area which was supposedly a site visited by Jesus, from which he no doubt espoused some wisdom to a group of lucky ones; it definitely had that vibe. And John was also at the same site last year just to up the holy factor but really, after the five day retreat with him at Tuval, we were already steeped in the magic ...

The title of this week's Post was inspired by some of the informal talks John gave at Tuval on a hill top. Seated in his biblical booth (a makeshift shaded area over his chair complete with palm fronds) with us all gathered around him, made me think of the sermon on the mount ...  

In addition to the two formal meetings with John each day, there were so many more informal meetings and gatherings with him that it was almost like each day was one big non-stop meeting!  And the five day retreat was over so fast it made me wonder about the nature of time during meetings with John ... perhaps when we go deep with him, on those other levels, time is... not.  For sure I'm still digesting it all and at the same time I'm enjoying just being here in vibrant, sunny Israel.  I'm meeting new people and doing new things and, as always, applying John's teaching and noticing that when I am coming from what is deeper, it's all so different.  

Dear ones, I must dash, I'm meeting a friend in Tel Aviv for a walk along the beach to Old Jaffa.  Before I sign off, I've received a few questions (emailed directly to me) for John which I'll post soon - but as always, if you have a question for him don't hesitate to post it as a comment below.

Until next time,
Love 
Shanti

1 comment:

  1. Dear Shanti,
    I have three questions for the next Interview with John.
    1.) Dear John, can you speak about the ways "we need each other in this"?
    2.) What is real brotherhood and sisterhood?
    3.) Do you have suggestions on how it is best to participate in the meetings?
    Thank you Shanti!
    Manuela


    ReplyDelete