Wednesday 12 December 2012

Tardiness, time and temptation ...

Dear ones, I am sorry for the tardiness of this week's Post - oops, a day late!  
What can I say... time flies and life's been busy!

Before I forget, I want to mention that the wondrous Winter Seminar starts in a few short weeks!  It begins on 27 December and ends on 9 January and if you are tempted to attend all or part of it, do not hesitate!  For more information, please click here.

I have been enjoying some merging of my nights with my days for some months now, so that for some portion of the night - where clearly sleep is not an option - I deeply relax and do some exploring awareness meditations instead... This is often interesting both from an experiential point of view and also in the sense that a deeper learning is occurring...  So that now in my daily living, my subconscious is (finally!) getting the message (or messages) and I find that I am more relaxed and more able to hang out in what I Know and love the most as opposed to giving in to those ancient patterns of closing, getting uptight, worrying etc.  And I am also disinclined to being affected by others patterns.  This makes me altogether more available for what is more valuable ...

My next dialogue with John will be happening soon - and you still have time to send in a question!

Until next time,
Love,
Shanti 

4 comments:

  1. I'd love to hear more about your exploration of awareness meditations. What are they? What are you doing? How do they fit with John's teachings and what he is? Could you say more?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi
    thanks for your comment. Ok, firstly I relax by lying on my back and scanning my body starting from the face and going down to the feet, deeply relaxing. Then I do some deep relaxing breaths also. Then I tell the mind that all it has to do is to ´allow everything to be exactly as it is´. Then I have my awareness and I am like a passenger in the car of awareness, so it can go wherever it likes to go. That is what I do and I could write chapters about what occurs! These awareness meditations in a way have nothing to do with John´s teaching; I do them because I am wide awake for hours at a time in the middle of the night and I am more interested in consciousness and reality than in thinking. Although sometimes in these deeply relaxed states, I do then direct my awareness to ´move finer... into (subtleties of) Goodness´ and this part I would say is in line with John´s teaching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Shanti:
    I love reading your posts, thank you. How should I send you a question for your dialogue with John de Ruiter?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Beatriz
      in the same way that you sent in the above comment you can type your question for John, so simply click on the blue 'comments' word beneath the latest Post and follow the prompts... and I look forward to receiving your question for John. Thank you.

      Delete