Wednesday 14 March 2012

Softening...

Apologies for this Post being a day late, but it's been a week not without some mayhem which could, at least in part, have been caused by those giant solar flares our planet has been experiencing. According to one site I visited, the recent huge solar flares might well be responsible for some flare ups in our own living rooms. I read that solar flares influence human consciousness and affect human behaviour in all sorts of negative ways, from irritability to not sleeping very well. Be that as it may, or may not, (but it would be nice to blame it on the solar flares), I forgot all my worldly worries for a few hours on Sunday afternoon when I attended the Oasis Centre for the live broadcast of John de Ruiter from Findhorn, Scotland. Just looking at John's face immediately soothed me and, as the meeting progressed, I was once again reminded in a visceral way, of what's truly important: Going deeper than my accustomed self, softening, and finding that sweet goodness within that Knows...

The other highlight of the week was meeting Baba, a popular radio host and producer on Edmonton's own CKUA Radio Network, and someone who has known John for about seventeen years. In answering my questions, Baba generously shared some of his experiences and insights concerning John and the meetings, as well as a few funny personal anecdotes. I was hoping to have been able to upload our dialogue today, but due to some technical difficulties, unfortunately you will have to wait just a little bit longer. As soon as I can, I will put the link on here so you can listen to it.

I have received a few more questions which have been sent in for John which is great - and I would welcome even more of them - please type your new questions for John in the 'comments' under this Post (always under the most recent Post).
Until next time,
Love,
Shanti



2 comments:

  1. Greetings John. I have a problem you should be able to help with. I dwell too much on my past failures and successes. I would prefer to dwell in the present, and simply let go of what happens to the ego(self).I'm afraid mosttimes of crushing embarrasment or manic, powerful highs of victory. Tanks, Eckart. Tofino BC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This question was answered by John! Listen to it by going to the Post titled 'Moving Forward'. Thank you.

      Delete