Tuesday 3 April 2012

Love

A small word with the biggest connotations, it has been so misunderstood, used and abused on our dysfunctional little planet. Yet it's increasingly clear to me, the more time I spend with
John de Ruiter (attending his meetings) what love is...  John talks of love far more eloquently than I (so I won't go attempting some glib definition) as he softly points us in it's direction again and again...

A case in point would be the sweet talk between Robert and John at the meeting last Friday. Dear Robert was struggling with concepts in his head, whilst John sweetly and humorously kept pointing him further south to his own heart. The most direct of these directives was John's simple statement, 'for you, love instead of think' (as I recollect). But you had to be there, really, to get the whole tamale... eventually Robert traversed about a foot southwards and, as his eyes began to water, so did mine. And I am reminded of something I recall John saying last summer, that 'Being here is a heart soaker.'

Yes, being with John is a heart soaker. I take notes in the meetings sometimes and when I heard him say that I did a little sketch of a heart in a bathtub. For me, attending meetings with John is cleansing, relaxing, even purifying...

In two day's time we begin the 7-day Spring Seminar here in Edmonton and if you'd like any information on attending all or part of it, click here for the chance of double daily dipping in the tub of love... ahhhh...

Until next time (when, with any luck, I will have soaked myself into a rosy-cheeked cherub),
Love,
Shanti

4 comments:

  1. I have gone through your post and found some information which is quite important for me.
    So, please keep it up with your these kind of posts.
    1988 Pontiac Sunbird AC Compressor

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your drawings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Shanti, thank you for this. I'm really loving your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Denise, ... and I'm loving doing it!

      Delete