Tuesday 5 June 2012

Going Deeper


John sat at my table in the café on Sunday and I shared a recent dream with him. It was about a black cloud negatively affecting others and how I tried to protect them by telling them to think positive thoughts. 

He said to me, ‘You can create that – and then you use your personality to fix things.’ 

It took a few moments, and then I got to see something in me that was very core to the way I related to my own self and to others. I was so used to it that it was like the proverbial fish in the ocean finally being able to see the sea. Yet in the seeing of it, I was more like a fish thrown onto the shore, gasping for air, for what I saw was shocking to the core. And the pitfalls were all around me just as fast. Like negative emotionality (I knew that crying would be a way to indulge/keep it), or wanting to understand it (‘why?’). And I knew that I’d been doing it for many many lives. What to do with this huge, somewhat devastating, Seeing? 

'Just be on the look out for it,' John said. 'You’ll be walking around like a small child, big eyed. Just look for it everywhere.' He also said that it was innocent. 'Yes,' I said, 'I’ve not been really conscious of it until this moment.'  

John said that it had to do with power and with being self absorbed. Yes, and I saw the connection with my sense of bigness and control and I remembered when I’d tried at times to not be so self absorbed and to be more caring of others... all from the self. And John confirmed what I already knew about that approach to things – it doesn’t work. But this was very different. This was much bigger; a huge, clear, deep, sharp Seeing.

It’s effects are still reverberating in me as I write and even though it has left my self feeling disoriented and vulnerable, it is, I Know, so good. I don't have to do that anymore. I'm on the look out for it but already it feels largely replaced by more tender beingness.  
 
Until next time,
Love,
Shanti




5 comments:

  1. Thanks Shanti for your post. It has me reflecting on some ways I am habitually with people that are not not the best that i know, how to be more aware when I'm starting to move in that direction and what direction might be better for me in being with the person I am with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Shanti I'm really glad you have this blog to share with everyone.

    Recently I have the awareness of what John said awhile ago, ' have no speck of negativity' and also within this same context, ' pay attention to the little'.

    Wishing you, your best :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shanti, it's really beautiful that you could share this for all of us to learn from and to see the beautiful you evolve!
    You called me yesterday and already, I see a new Shanti.For me also,it is good to be aware how I am with others as I catch myself saying comments that are not really meant to hurt or create negative energy.

    Hugs,
    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved this entry. Which is not to say I don't like the other happy, lighter-side entries (especially with the gorgeous cartoons!) but this one spoke to me as being from a deeper place, from a real reckoning and that....that's what it's all about, isn't it?

    Good for you.

    And love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really loved this post of yours. Thanks so much for sharing. I can completely relate as it runs parallel to lots of what I am seeing more clearly too. x

    ReplyDelete