Tuesday 12 June 2012

Integrating

John de Ruiter in the Netherlands (2012)
It's been a big week with lots of changes in my outer life and, since my cafe table talk with John,  plenty of opportunity to be different within, too. I do get, more than ever, how being in difficulty presents the opportunity for integration. By that, I mean the chance to be something other than the effect difficulty has on the smaller self; to be also something of one's being - that much more subtle tender okayness that is there in the midst of anything. I have vacillated this week between the accustomed (harder) small self's way of being and seeing when faced with situations which it does not like or want, to a deeper beingness - which leaves my self feeling uncomfortable and quite vulnerable at such times. Abandoning distortion for what I Know is True in my heart! Prolonged spells of difficulty have presented me with the opportunity for prolonged intimacy of being as well. 

It is good that I am able to trust John so much at times like this, as I am drawn again and again to my deeper beingness rather than allowing my self to close and to harden. 

It is clear to me that this life presents a stellar opportunity to develop my own being and to achieve my potential. I know it is possible to not let patterns run my life and that is why they appear; so that I can transform them in the way I've just described. And it is becoming ever clearer what is True and what is not. What I love and what I do not.

So as this ancient crust falls away, exposing a new vulnerable self, I am, as John would say, walking change. And that has more value that anything this world can offer in the usual sense.

Many thanks for your comments and questions - as always, please type new questions for John in the comments below this Post.

Until next time,
Love
Shanti

4 comments:

  1. Rucci Mannfield18 June 2012 at 11:52

    LOVE THE BLOG Shanti!!! Keep up the good work - please bring back the oldtypeface. It added fun and lightness to the process.

    Hugs, Rucci. :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rucci. Not sure what you mean by 'bring back the old typeface' could you be more specific? The font and layout has been pretty consistent (aside from the inaugural first Post).

      Delete
    2. Rucci Mannfield19 June 2012 at 11:28

      The old lettering you used was so fun and wonderfully quirky. So... unique, nothing like it on the 'net'!

      Delete
    3. Well, sorry to disappoint, but as I said, it's been the same font for many weeks... perhaps the change is from some difference with your computer or something!! It's the same on mine!

      Delete