Tuesday 29 January 2013

A Self of Constant Change

John de Ruiter in Neve Shalom, Israel, in 2012


I loved seeing some of the live broadcasts of John in Germany over the weekend and tuning in to what he is ... and even though he was so very far away, on some level I was right with him.  He is away now to Israel for a two day event at Neve Shalom (on 31 January and 1 February) - click here for details.

I loved hearing him speak the other day about the evolution of awareness:

"The evolution of your self is completely dependent 
on the evolution of your heart.  
The evolution of your heart is completely dependent 
on the evolution of your being 
and the evolution of your being is completely dependent 
                       on your evolution as awareness..."                 -JdR 
 
And he spoke of having a self of change and a life of profound difficulty:

"Awareness that is evolving and moving forward,
that is awareness that increases in its capacity.
It increases in form in its ability -
what it is able to be and able to do is  
continually more -
that will always make diffficulty 
as close to you in your life 
                      as it's able to be..."         -JdR

And this, on difficulty

"Difficulty is what you are
simply in.
Real opportunity for what you really are
                  isn't separate from difficulty."
         
-JdR

I feel lately like it's all me, and that I can be at the tip of the arrow, moving forward... At times it feels like everything's coming undone and undone except (leaving) what I stand tall in ...

In my own evolution and also for many others, John is such an awesome help and I am grateful as ever to Know him and to learn from him.  I'm so looking forward to seeing him back at Oasis on Sunday ...

Until next time,
Love,
Shanti  

No comments:

Post a Comment