Tuesday 19 February 2013

Cutting Edges Kept Sharp

John in Israel, (2013)
The title of this week's post is actually a quote from Sunday evening's meeting when John was answering a person who spoke of wanting to be less sleepy in This.  It was a great meeting and I loved hearing John speak of cutting edges.  He also said this:

"When you are uncomfortable
use your cutting edges.
When you are comfortable
sharpen your cutting edges."
JdR

Just the other day I was speaking with a friend about the tendency  to sometimes get sleepy during meetings with John.  Perhaps it is because of the strength of his transmission - it is certainly an unusual phenomenon in that at times I can feel extremely sleepy during the meeting and yet as soon as it has ended, the sleepiness is no longer there ...  In any case, as I said to my friend, I do not let myself fall asleep and only close my eyes now and then if they are feeling sore; just long enough to refresh them.  I feel that those who doze off are really missing something.  So being sharp during the meetings is one of my own cutting edges and it's an important one.  Another is to notice how relaxed I am (especially physically) - not so much in the meetings as it's difficult not to relax! - but just in general. I notice that there are deeper and more subtle levels within in which to relax and I also see that I have been needlessly carrying tension in my body for a very long time.  It's a relaxation born of what I Know the truth of in my heart and so it is not aligned with sleepiness, but with being sharp ...

That's it for now, as always, please type any question you have for John in the 'comment's below, thanks.

Until next time
Love,
Shanti 

No comments:

Post a Comment