Tuesday 11 November 2014

Happy Birthday Dear John

A matrix birthday cake!
There is no cake 
that I could bake 
that could speak of my love for you ... 

 Yes it is our beloved John's birthday today, and as he wings his way to Germany about to give a seminar in Hamburg, I am missing him already.  I've not given him a birthday present because, well, what do you give someone who is everything?   
But here are a couple of my favourite Rumi quotes: 

"Two, there are 
who are never satisfied -
the lover of this world
and the lover of knowledge."
*
"Come out of the circle of time
And into the circle of love." 

 And speaking of love, it was a most beautiful meeting on Sunday evening with our dear Dana in the Chair, (she has been with John for many years).  The love between them was palpable as John spoke,

 "Two ducks
seemingly incompatible and
 completely in love with each other."

Which brings me to my third and final Rumi quote for today:

"Let the lover be disgraceful, crazy, and absent-minded."

 My beloved John, I wish you a most beautiful birthday from all of us who love you so.  
I am so very glad that you are on this planet!   


Before I sign off, the dialogue didn't actually happen yet as it's been postponed for a couple of weeks - so you still have time to send in any questions for that one.

Until next time,
Love,
Shanti  

1 comment:

  1. In July 2012 there was the biggest solar storm in 150 years and a massive solar flare narrowly missed the Earth. With extremes in the weather and the possibility of a solar flare sending us back into the Dark Ages - what can anyone do to avoid such worldwide catastrophes?

    ReplyDelete