Tuesday 27 November 2012

Vigilance

If you're serious about living from what is deeper than the accustomed self, vigilance is going to become increasingly important ... at least that is what is currently on the menu for me ...

 On Sunday a questioner in the Chair spoke of a recent episode whereby he had been pretty much totally "out" of what he Knew ...  I could really relate because I very recently had the same sort of experience whereby it felt like I was drowning in strong and awful patterns in my self and it seemed impossible to return to anything deeper or softer ...    Quite unpleasant and disturbing ...                              
The questioner in question  gave the analogy of being pierced by an arrow and John replied thusly:
"The arrows find only the specks 
you give in to ... 
so then all of the arrows help."
- JdR 

Having previously spoken of my horrible experience to John, he had already helped me to see how I had allowed it all to occur by giving the patterns my belief.  
When I reviewed it, I could see where I had knowingly allowed my self to go its own way, so to speak, and that by the time I was proverbially drowning, I was in it way too deeply ...   So I loved that meeting and John's poetic and pointed clarification.  There is real power in seeing that I truly am "the hand that moves the glove."  
M y sense is that all this sort of thing (patterns in the accustomed self) is only going to get stronger by the day - if not the minute - so ... vigilance!  
And John's off to Israel for the three day retreat this weekend - if you're going to that, enjoy!  

Until next time,
Love,
Shanti 

No comments:

Post a Comment