Tuesday 30 July 2013

Do what you love

Yes, it's a bit of a cliche but it's where I'm at.  Having abstained for far too long I finally got back into my art practice this week, and then some.  I got all inspired to try some new techniques and, after spending uber amounts on luscious new art supplies, I've been up late night after night in my little studio, beavering away... and the time flies!

But, in light of what is the most important thing in my life, the title of this week's post means more than just pleasing one's self and acting out on the surface in a hedonistic manner ...  It is pretty clear to anyone who has ever gone deeper within than the more surface level of the self, that the deeper levels within are altogether a more lovely and wondrous place to be.  So it's a bit of a double entendre and I've been doing both; continuing to put what I love the most first - my deeper Knowing  (often at some cost to my self) - and also doing something which might seem to be just pleasing to my self, but in fact I know that doing art is good for me on deeper levels too.   I even got to thinking about running some more art workshops to inspire and ignite creativity in others, which I used to do some years back.  What do you know you love to do that you're not making time for?  Doing what you love, actually gives you more energy!  Sometimes you need to overcome a bit of inertia, but be encouraged! 

The weeks are continuing to fly by and I am surprised that I do not miss John and the meetings as much as I thought I would.  In fact I am making the most of the extra time afforded during this break and - doing what I love ...

Dear ones, the questions for John have dropped off a bit, oh dear ... I know life is busy for most of us and coming up with a good question isn't always easy - but give it some thought!  Thank you.

Until next time,
Love,
Shanti  

3 comments:

  1. Question for John:

    To what extent do our thoughts, feelings, conscious and subconscious beliefs create our own reality?

    Love,
    Mr. Anderson.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John, do people ever change? even when they really try to?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is true freedom?

    ReplyDelete